Week 8 Reading and Writing

Overall, I think the reading and the writing assignments have been ordered and structured in the way that it is easy to remember and access every week. However, I do think that the only think that's been holding me back is the creative energy that is required for me to write the stories each Thursday! Not that it's extremely difficult, it's just that with the schedule I'm on with the rest of the aspects of my life, most of the time I am mentally strained and the words and the ideas never come to me. Plus, when it does, it's never perfect and me being a perfectionist and always wanting to have a great story is difficult.
In general, I am perfectly happy with the blog and the website in terms of the design and layout of each one, as well as the story posts for each. I think that my biggest accomplishment with the writing in this class is creating a short moralistic story that is both inspired by one of the stories I've read as well as incorporation from one of the many moralistic stories that I know from the past in my childhood. Therefore, one can say that one of my favorite readings this semester has to be the original Jakatas that we've read in the beginning of this class.
I do think that, with the amounts of the reading notes that I've taken for many of the stories in the class that it should be more of use to me, but I don't think I've been well accustomed to accessing and using them for the overall structure of my story. However, there are aspects from the suggesting writing tips that I've taken to add to my arsenal of writing, such as creating a story from another perspective.
Looking forward, I would hope to incorporate more of my reading notes to incorporate into my reading; however, it is difficult as many of the Ramayana and Mahabharata stories have been a continuation from one story to the next, where the intent of my stories have been to create an all-around short and easy to understand context. Maybe this is why I have been loving the Jakatas, as there are little to no background knowledge needed to write the stories that are easy to understand and follow for the readers.

(Writing. Source: Unsplash)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to... A Chicken-Loving Master of Procrastination

Week 6 Story: The Problems of the Rabbit