Week 3 Story: Yerdua the Demon Queen of Designer

(This story is now also available in my website! Check it out!

Author's Note: This story was created of inspiration from The Ramayana: Viradha, translated by M. N. Dutt. The story followed the plot of Rama's epic batter with the forest demon, known as Viradha, with some alteration in characters and battle details. Dedicated to a dear friend of mine, who is the inspiration behind the naming of the antagonist of this story.

As I entered the empty pathway of the heavily forested jungle, a hallowing shriek that rustled the leaves entered the corridors of my eardrums. I stood in silence for a moment, hoping that whatever that made that noise did not notice the sounds of my heavy breathing. In that moment, a creature not before seen by the light of day jumped out from the confines of the dark forest, covered in blood, emitting a frightening stench, and stood there right in front of me. There I saw it. In addition to the hideous details of it's horrifying appearance, shown the shiniest, most well-polished forehead I had ever seen. There was no mistaking it. It was Yerdua, the demon described only by the whispers in the towns neighboring the forest.

"I AM YERDUA, QUEEN OF THIS FOREST! WHY HAVE YOU STEP FORTH UPON MY GROUNDS, HUMAN?!"

She bellowed the words with such force that would frighten the heavens themselves. The demon queen then announced that whoever or whatever steps in this forest were to suffer the same consequences that followed those before me: death by tacky clothing. The worst punishment of all the realms.

With this, I was furious and replied, "O BUT IT IS YOU WHO WILL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR VICTIMS! PREPARE YOURSELF, DEMON!"

I lunged, pulled out the Sword of a Thousand Designers that was bestowed to me by the Sage of MiKors, and plunged it straight at the demon's throat. Yet Yerdua, the Demon Queen, stood there motionless. And with a swift swipe of her stainless steel Cartier ringed hammer, threw me across the field, with an enormous boulder the only thing stopping me from the attack. There was no use. Yerdua is immune to my to my attacks. The Sword of Thousand Designers was of no use to her.

"PUNY HUMAN, YOU THINK YOU CAN ATTACK ME WITH SUCH DECEITFUL STEELMAKING. THAT FOOL MIKORS NEED TO KEEP UP THOSE ABOVE HIM."

I shuddered in quaking fear. How will I defeat such a monster?

Tired of moping around in my own terror, I quickly regained focus. And with all the might taught to me by my fathers and the fathers before him, I knew this was the only choice I had. I emitted the words, "L-V-U-I-T-T-O-N." And I stood there in silence.

"HA HA HA IS THIS ALL YOU HAVE FOR ME? YOU FOOL! FOR TACKY IS WHAT YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU WILL SPEND AN ETERNITY AS!" She announced, with her forehead so still, not emitting a single wrinkle. She ran and lunged forward at me, with the blinding light of her forehead the closest thing I see that stood between me and death itself.

But then, something happened. The grounds rumbled, and I was levitated to the air by an uncontrollable force. Within a split second, an immeasurable surge of power went straight through me. I was bestowed with the Pouch of Mortgages! Something I've only heard about in legends! I knew exactly what I had to do. With the new power and weapon that was bestowed to me, I focused all of my might on where I knew would hurt the demon queen herself. Her beloved forehead.

"O DEMON QUEEN, YOU HAVE NO DEFENSES FOR WHAT I'M SERVING YOU. NEVER WILL YOU SEE LIGHT AGAIN!"

With this, my strike jotted right above the crease of her nose, turning her into complete ashes flowing through the breaths of the forests itself. There was calm, again.

(German Forest. Source: Unsplash)



Comments

  1. Hi Long! Good job with the story! I liked the fantasy elements you incorporated in the story because it made me remember reading all of the fantasy stories I did when I was younger. Writing the story as a more contemporary fantasy story truly worked since Rama definitely has the quality of an archetypal hero. I love the drama you added with the story, heightening the tension between Rama and Viradha during their battle.You made the story just as epic as the original, so good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Long!

    What a story! The creativity in this is amazing. I wonder where you got your story idea from? Did the main character Yerdua just come to you randomly? She seems pretty cool to me honestly, I kind of wish she would've won in the end. I guess we all just have out differences, huh? Anyways, great imagery, so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Long! It was really interesting to see how you had a unique, modern twist on the names of your spells, maybe as some kind of satire or inside joke? I kind of agree with the above comment, Yerdua seemed more sympathetic than the main character and I wished she had won in the end. Oh well, to each their own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to... A Chicken-Loving Master of Procrastination

Week 6 Story: The Problems of the Rabbit